Roy, is that you?
As announced by Ryan Murphy on Instagram,
Arrow‘s Roy Harper has fled the CW in favor of a darker network … FX, that is. Adding to the fine fellas in Murphy’s bevy of TDH, (albeit dyed blonde), Haynes joins Season 7’s Cheyenne Jackson
and of course, our beloved Sarah Paulson.
And what do we know about the upcoming seventh gorefest? From what Murphy’s leaked thus far …
- It takes place in the aftermath of the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, but will NOT feature anyone playing Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump; rather, actual footage from the election will play in the season premiere.
- There’s “… something terrible that happens in the lives of our characters on election night as they’re watching it all go down. “Which in itself was a horror story, so it’s like a horror story upon a horror story.“
- The season will focus on divisiveness; how people on both the left and right political sides are affected by the outcome. ” …illuminating and highlighting people who don’t have a voice in our culture — people who are ignored by the current administration and who are afraid and feel terrorized that their lives are going to be taken away.”
- Billy Eichner’s tank-top wearing character will be a “close confidant” of Sarah Paulson’s character.
- Season 7 is in some way connected to American Horror Story: Freak Show, and will involve several FS characters (Please bring back Twisty!).
- Evan Murphy’s character has blue hair; Billie Lourd’s is an icy blue — I wonder if they’ll play brother and sister or bf/gf?
I’m thinking something terrifyingly along the lines of Kevin Smith’s Red State (*shudder*).
At the end of AHS: Roanoke, the series’ Twitter page revealed this little snippet of footage; some fans believe the upcoming season will feature/take place on a cruise.
— AmericanHorrorStory (@AHSFX) November 17, 2016
I don’t know what’s happening here — stick figures … hanging in a tree?
American Horror Story returns to FX this September.